What is an IP I/O Module?
An IP I/O Module is a network-enabled digital input/output device that allows users to connect two-wire sensors, triggers, or other binary inputs/outputs to the system.
IP I/O modules enable integration of 3rd party hardware devices - such as door sensors, alarm panels, fire systems, or locks - to the Nx Witness system. Sensors such as a door switch, smoke detector, IR detector or glass break detector—used for triggering an alarm event—can be connected as inputs. Output ports can be connected to control devices or relays, for instance, to open/close doors or turn on/off lights upon alarm.
Supported I/O Modules
- AXIS P8221 Network I/O Audio Module
- Advantech ADAM 6050, 6052, 6060
To Add and Configure an IP I/O Module in Nx Witness:
- Plug the device into your network on the same subnet as your Server(s).
- Supported I/O Devices will be automatically discovered and shown in the Resource Panel.
- To enable the device you will need an I/O License or a Trial License - so make sure you have the proper licenses before continuing below.
- To enable an I/O device right click on the device to open the Settings dialog and toggle the Use License switch to green.
- In the Recording tab operators can enable and schedule recording of Audio (if supported by the I/O device).
- In the I/O Ports tab of the I/O Module setting operators can define the Type of connection on each port (Input/Output), the default state (Open/Closed), can add custom names on each port, and can define the standard pulse time in ms for configured outputs.
- If you are using multiple Inputs and Outputs from the device we recommend checking the "Enable tile interface" in the lower left hand corner of the dialog. This will generate a responsive tiled interface for the I/O in the Viewing Grid.
Note: When complete the I/O device will make it possible to create Rules and Soft Triggers for use in the Nx Desktop interface to utilize all the capabilities of the I/O device.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.