What is an IP I/O Module?
An IP I/O Module is a network-enabled digital input/output device that allows users to connect two-wire sensors, triggers, or other binary inputs/outputs to the system to be used in creating corresponding events and actions.
IP I/O modules allow system designers to integrate 3rd party hardware - such as door sensors, alarm panels, fire systems, or locks - to the Nx Witness system. Sensors such as a door switch, smoke detector, IR detector or glass break detector—used for triggering an alarm event—can be connected as inputs. Output ports can be connected to control devices or relays, for instance, to open/close doors or turn on/off lights upon alarm.
Supported I/O Modules
To Add and Configure an IP I/O Module in Nx Witness:
- Plug the device into your network.
- Supported I/O Devices will be automatically discovered and shown in the Resource Panel.
- To enable the device you will need an I/O License - so make sure you have the proper licenses.
- Once enabled right-click on the I/O Module and choose I/O Module Settings.
- To record Audio from the device choose the Recording tab of the I/O Module Settings dialog, choose Record Always, and highlight the schedule to set times which Audio should be recorded.
- In the I/O Ports tab of the I/O Module setting Users can define the Type of connection on each port (Input/Output), the default state (Open/Closed), can add custom names on each port, and can define the standard pulse time in ms for configured outputs.
- To create Rules users can click on the I/O Module Rules button in the I/O Module Settings dialog.