Documentation used for the integration
- Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP) API, version 3
Build in analytics
Upon successfully connecting the devices to the VMS system, the Axis API efficiently retrieves the relevant analytics events associated with each device, subsequently making them readily accessible within the VMS rules engine. This integration provides users with a range of valuable analytics events, some commonly included Analytics Events are:
- Camera tampering
- Global Scene Change
- Day-night vision
- Cross Line Detection (timer/line touched)
3rd party analytics
Axis devices are integrated using the ACAP which enables the support of a multitude of events which can be added to the various models.
All built-in events and most events from the applications found in the Axis Application gallery will be supported. We strongly recommend to reach out to the applicable supplier for the confirmation.
An event (no matter if it is in the Application or built-in) will be supported if it meets the following two conditions:
- An event must not be marked as internal (For example, it must not contain “flag: xinternal_data” in its description).
- The capability description passed from the camera must contain at least one of the three following options (they are called “topics” in terms of the common event description):
- “tns1:VideoSource” (usually contains built-in basic event such as Camera tampering, Global scene change, Day-night vision etc.)
- “tns1:RuleEngine” (usually contains intellectual events such as Cross-line detection, Area entrance etc.)
- “tnsaxis:CameraApplicationPlatform” (usually contains events of external applications)
These conditions are met by most ACAP applications, but it is wise to verify this before deployment with the supplier of the ACAP application.