What is the Paxton Net2-Nx Witness Plugin?
The Paxton Net2 Plugin is a free software package that allows video from Nx Witness to be integrated into the Paxton Net2 Access Control System. Installing the Paxton Plugin for Nx Witness gives users the ability to view event-driven video from Nx Witness in their Paxton Net2 client.
Video Setup Guide
Paxton Plugin Setup Instructions
Step 1: Download the Installation Nx Paxton plugin.
- Download the Paxton Plugin provided by Network Optix.
- Double-click on the installation package to begin installation and follow the installation wizard.
Step 2: Configure the Paxton Net2 Access Client
- Open the Paxton Net2 Access Client and login.
- Go the Options Menu and choose Camera Integration
- Press the Add button and choose your system name (Nx Witness) from the list of camera servers.
- In the Host Name feld enter the IP address or URL of your Nx Witness system server.
- In the Username field enter your Nx Witness username.
- In the Password field enter your Nx Witness password.
- Press the Detect
- If your credentials and connection information are correct you will see a list of cameras from the Nx Witness system you are integrating with the Paxton Net2 Access system.
- Press Apply and then OK.
- In the Net2 client go to the system tree and choose
- Select a door and then in the main viewing area of the Paxton Net2 client choose the Camera integration
- You should now see a list of cameras from the integrated system. Select the camera(s) you wish to associate with the door you’ve selected by checking the checkbox located next to each camera name.
- Press Apply when done to complete the door-camera association.
Step 3: View Event-Driven Video In Paxton Net2 Client
- In the Paxton Net2 Client move to the system tree and select
- Any event that has related video will now show a camera icon to the right of the details column.
- Double-click on the camera icon to activate a popup of the related video.
- Users can now use the Nx Witness Paxton client to review, capture, and export video from the related event.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.