What is the Paxton Net2 Plugin?
The Paxton Net2 Plugin is a software package designed to seamlessly integrate video from our Video Management System (VMS) into the Paxton Net2 Access Control System. By installing the Paxton Plugin, users gain the capability of viewing event-driven video directly within their Paxton Net2 client. This integration enhances the overall user experience and promotes efficient management of security operations.
Paxton Plugin Setup Instructions
- Download the Paxton Plugin, which is part of the release packages
- Open the installation package to begin the installation and follow the installation wizard
Configure the Paxton Net2 Client
- Open the Paxton Net2 Client and login
- Go to the Options Menu and choose Camera Integration
- Select the Add button and choose the VMS from the list
- In the Host Name field, enter the IP address or URL of the Mediaserver
- In the Username field, enter the username of the VMS
- In the Password field, enter the password of the VMS
- Select Detect
- If your credentials and connection information are correct, you will see a list of cameras from the connected system in the Paxton Net2 Access Control system
- Select Apply and then OK
- In the Net2 client, go to the system tree and choose
- Select a door and then in the main viewing area of the Paxton Net2 client choose the Camera integration
- You should now see a list of cameras from the integrated system. Select the camera(s) you wish to associate with the door you’ve selected by checking the checkbox located next to each camera name.
- Press Apply when done to complete the door-camera association.
View Event-Driven Video in the Paxton Net2 Client
- In the Paxton Net2 Client, move to the system tree and select Events
- Any event that has related video will now show a camera icon to the right of the details column.
- Double-click on the camera icon to activate a popup of the related video.
Users now have the opportunity to utilize the Net2 client for seamlessly reviewing, capturing, and exporting video footage from the associated event. This new functionality empowers users with enhanced control and convenience, allowing them to efficiently manage their video content.
If you have any questions related to this topic, or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our \[support community\]\[1\] or reach out to your local reseller.