Step 1: Prepare your Hardware's OS
- Installing Nx Witness on devices is simple and fast with the Nx Witness Windows installers. Make sure you are using a supported version of Windows before you begin the installation process below.
- If you're using Windows Server series you'll have to download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistribution package first.
Step 2: Download the Nx Witness VMS Windows Installation Package
The latest released versions of Nx Witness VMS are available in two locations:
- My Nx - a customer / user portal with tools, downloads, the Works with Nx marketplace, and more. Requires sign up / sign in.
- Nx Cloud - does not require signing up and was designed for existing users or new users who have been added to an existing System.
When downloading we recommend choosing the Bundle Installer (Desktop Client + Server) - as it can be used to install one or both components for Windows.
Step 3: Install Nx Witness VMS
- Double click the downloaded installation package to launch the installation wizard.
- Check the I agree to the End User License Agreement checkbox
- If you would like to install both the Desktop Client and the Nx Server click Install to continue.
- Options: The Nx Witness bundle installer lets you choose to install both Nx Desktop and Nx Server components, or either individually.
- When the installer is complete press Launch to open the Nx Witness Desktop application.
- On your Nx Witness Desktop app's home screen you should now see a New Server tile.
- Celebrate - you've just installed Nx Witness on your Windows laptop.