Step 1: Prepare your Hardware's OS
Installing Nx Witness on devices is simple and fast with the Nx Witness Windows installers. Make sure you are using a supported version of Windows before you begin the installation process below.
If you're using Windows Server series you'll have to download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistribution package first:
- Server 2008 R2 x86 (32 bit) C++ Update Package
- Server 2008 R2 x64 (64 bit) C++ Update Package
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 (x86, 32 bit)
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 (x64, 64 bit)
Step 2: Download the Nx Witness VMS Windows Installation Package
The latest released versions of Nx Witness VMS are available in two locations:
- My Nx - a customer/user portal with tools, downloads, the Works with Nx marketplace, and more. Note: MyNX account sign up/sign is required.
- Nx Cloud - does not require signing up and was designed for existing users or new users who have been added to an existing System.
When downloading we recommend choosing the Bundle Installer (Desktop Client + Server) - as it can be used to install one or both components for Windows.
Step 3: Install Nx Witness VMS
- Double click the downloaded installation package to launch the installation wizard.
- Check the I agree to the End User License Agreement checkbox
- If you would like to install both the Desktop Client and the Nx Server click Install to continue.
- Options: The Nx Witness bundle installer lets you choose to install both Nx Desktop and Nx Server components, or either individually.
- When the installation is complete, you can close the installer or press Launch to open Nx Desktop.
Step 4: Configure the Server
- Launch Nx Desktop or access the Nx Server Web Admin interface.
- Create a New System or Add a Server to Existing System.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.
Article is closed for comments.