In some cases, you might notice that Nx Server won't start on Windows or Ubuntu OS boot.
Nx Server is a "Service" from the OS point of view. Windows has a strict timeout to run all planned services after OS start. If Windows can not start something in time, the service will be omitted. Alternatively, this issue may also occur after a major OS upgrade, such as from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04.
To fix this, please do the following:
- Open Services at your windows start menu
- Find Network Optix Media Server point and right-click it
- Go to Properties
- Change Startup type value from Automatic (default) to Automatic (Delayed Start) at the drop-down list
- Open Terminal and enter the following:
systemctl enable networkoptix-mediaserver.service
- An authentication prompt will appear, enter your password and click Authenticate.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.