In the case where push notifications on our mobile application do not function as expected, we have prepared a comprehensive guide outlining troubleshooting steps you can undertake. By following these steps, you can help us identify and address any issues you may be experiencing with push notifications.
Ensure all device-wide and Mobile application specific notifications are enabled on the device, then take the following steps:
- Enable Server DEBUG logging for the server application
- Create a Send mobile notification rule on any type of event
- Enable Mobile DEBUG logging for the mobile application
- Trigger the Send mobile notification rule.
- Check the Event Log to see if there is an entry for the rule.
- Check the Server DEBUG logs. Upon triggering the rule, the Server should send a push notification command to the Cloud service. It should look something like this:
DEBUG nx::vms::server::event::PushManager::Pipeline(0x7f10f00a4b20): Send to https://<cloudUrl>.com/api/notifications/push_notification:
- The expected response is 200 OK.
- If 200 OK is received, but no notification is displayed, submit a support ticket and include the Mobile application and Server application logs in the ticket.
Try replicating the issue on another device or the same device on a different network (for example, through Wi-Fi or cellular data).
Support information users can provide to receive assistance
- Information gathered from prerequisites
- Device model
- Device OS Version
- Nx Server OS and its version
- Connection type (Wi-Fi or cellular data)
- Server and Mobile version and buildnumbers.
- Cloud System ID
- Cloud account email off the mobile user experiencing the issue
NOTE: The ringtone or volume for the Mobile push notifications cannot be customized at this point.
If you have any questions related to this topic, or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.