Sometimes push notifications on Nx Mobile do not work correctly. This article will provide troubleshooting steps you can take to help the support team resolve your issue.
If you are located in China, the issue is caused by the national firewall and will be resolved in Nx Mobile 21.1.
Ensure all device-wide and Nx Mobile-specific notifications are enabled on the device, then take the following steps:
- Create a Send Mobile Notification rule on any type of event.
- Trigger the Send Mobile Notification rule.
- Check the Event Log to see if there is an entry for the rule.
- Check the Nx Server DEBUG log. Upon triggering the rule, Nx Server should send a push notification command to the Nx Cloud service. It should look something like this:
DEBUG nx::vms::server::event::PushManager::Pipeline(0x7f10f00a4b20): Send to https://nxvms.com/api/notifications/push_notification:
- The expected response is 200 OK.
- If 200 OK is received but no notification is displayed, the Nx Mobile device log should be attached to the ticket.
Try replicating the issue on another device or the same device on a different network (e.g. WiFi or cellular data).
Support information users can provide to receive assistance
- Information gathered from prerequisites
- Device model
- Device OS Version
- Nx Server OS and its version
- Connection type (e.g. WiFi or cellular data)
- Nx Server and Nx Mobile versions
- Cloud System ID
- Nx Cloud account email for the mobile user experiencing the issue
Note: Ringtone or volume of Nx Mobile push notifications cannot be customized on mobile devices at this point.
If you have any questions related to this topic, or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.