On rare occasions, the Nx Server application may become unresponsive. This article will assist in identifying symptoms and actions you can take to help the support team resolve your issue.
Occasionally processes executing within a Server become hung up, leading to one or more of the following situations:
- Nx Server appears to be running but is unresponsive.
- Nx Server is unreachable with either Nx Desktop or Nx WebAdmin.
- Sometimes only a part of a feature might not be responding while other features work fine.
- Restarting the Nx Server application solves the issue for a limited time.
The Nx Team considers these types of issues to be critical as they give off the appearance of a normal, functioning Server and do not notify the System Administrator that recording has been disabled.
It is essential for anyone who experiences the above symptoms to follow the steps below so that the Nx Support and Development teams can identify and fix the underlying causes.
Prerequisites for further investigations
Follow the steps below and notify your reseller or submit a topic on our community forum.
- If possible, please provide detailed steps as to how we can reproduce the same symptoms. The more details that are provided, the higher the chance that the issue will be resolved sooner.
- Share the content of the Nx Server logs folder.
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Network Optix\Network Optix Media Server\logIn Linux:
- Create a memory dump of the running Nx Server process and share it.
1) Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del > "Task Manager")
2) Click More Details or Show information for all processes
3) Find the process Nx Witness Media Server
4) Right-click it and select Create dump file
5) A message will display showing the location of the new dump file.
1) Follow the method as described HERE.
2) After that run commands in terminal:
echo "t apply all bt 25" | gdb mediaserver-bin PATH_TO_DUMP >report.gdb-bt2>&13) report.gdb-bt will be the result file Nx Team needs for the investigation.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes and try to trigger the symptoms again. Try to rename the server in the resource tree.
- Repeat step 3 to create a second more memory dump.
- Restart Nx Server as a temporary solution.
- Send the Nx Server logs, both memory dump files, and any other information you gathered to your reseller, or create a topic in our community forum and share the collected information.
Note: Since the files can be rather big, please use a cloud storage service (Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Nextcloud, WeTransfer, etc) and provide a link to the files so our support agents can download the package.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.