Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Media Server
- The Server appears to be running but is unresponsive.
- The Server is unreachable with either Nx Desktop or through a browser.
- New strings might appear in the Server logs after time.
Occasionally processes executing withing a Server become, for better lack of a word, hung up.
These types of issues are considered very critical by Nx Team as they give the appearance of normal, functioning Server and as a result do not notify the System admin that recording has been disabled. As a result it is imperative that any person seeing this issue follow the steps below so that the Nx Support and Dev teams can identify and rectify the underlying causes.
Follow the steps below and open a support ticket:
- Archive Media Server logs folder
Windows: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Network Optix\Network Optix Media Server\log
- Make memory dump of the running process and archive it.
In Windows -- go to "Task Manager"(Ctrl+Alt+Del -> "Task Manager"), click "More Details" or "Show information for all processes", find process "Nx Witness Media Server". Right-click it and select "Create dump file". After that you will be prompted with path to new dump file.
In Linux -- follow method described here:
After that run commands in terminal:
- $cd /opt/networkoptix/
- $echo "t apply all bt 25" | gdb mediaserver-bin PATH_TO_DUMP >report.gdb-bt 2>&1
report.gdb-bt will be the result file Nx Team needs for the investigation.
- Restart Media Server as a temporary solution.
- Assign separate support ticket at our portal attaching all collected information. Pay attention to the dump file size. Zendesk allows to attach up to 20 MBs files. So most likely you'll have to share the file with some cloud storage service. More details you describe -- higher chance that issue will be fixed sooner.