I just thought I would mention that I was able to get the Linux client installed and running on a Chromebook with the Linux (Beta) feature installed (OS version 86).
- It is on an older Toshiba Chromebook 2 with an Intel processor.
- It seems to stress the system more than normal with the fans running all the time while the client is running.
- During install there were some missing dependencies that needed to be fixed before the install was successful.
With the client running, I noticed these bugs:
- The app doesn't respond properly to the scroll wheel on a Bluetooth mouse or vertical swipes on the trackpad. It will respond to horizontal swipes on the track pad with the timeline and viewport zooming in/out and also things in the notification panel scroll up/down from horizontal swiping. However, the Audit Trail doesn't scroll at all without grabbing the scroll bar and dragging it.
- If you exit full screen with the app, the window is fixed in the center of the screen and can't be dragged around. It will minimize and restore properly.
Other Linux apps such as Libre Office respond to the scroll direction normally.
Please sign in to leave a comment.