I'm trying to replicate the text overlay of events that we currently have with our Mobotix cameras. An example is shown here:
A log entry of an (instantaneous) event is sent to the camera and the camera automatically overlays it and the last so many events onto the video stream.
We use it with events from our shop tills, door access control system, weigh label stations, time clock readers etc.
Getting other cameras to do this has proved difficult.
I can create a text overlay with Nx Witness using the API but as far as I can tell this isn't stored with the recorded video.
What I'd love to be able to do is send a string of text to Nx Witness along with a list of cameras and have it:
- Timestamp it (if not provided) and record it with the recorded video for the given cameras
- Trigger recording of the cameras' hi-res streams, with pre and post event buffers
- Overlay the text on the camera view if any are being viewed, along with the previous x lines.
- Show the scrolling stream of events/log text "as they happen" on playback of recorded footage
- Include the text when the video is exported, perhaps as a subtitles/captions/overlay stream (to avoid re-encoding and make it so they can be turned off on playback)?
How many lines are shown, and the text size (scaled with the size of the video window), font, colour, and position etc should be configurable per camera.
For events with a duration bookmarks are awesome (would be even better if they could be exported along with the video, perhaps as a subtitles/overlay stream too?), but they don't really suit events that just happen.
Please sign in to leave a comment.