What is Export-to-Executable?
Export to Executable is a feature in Nx Desktop that allows users to export a single or multiple video files from the Nx Witness archive into an executable (.exe) file for use on any Windows computer.
An executable file is a file that is used to perform various functions or operations on a computer. Unlike a data file, an executable file cannot be read because it has been compiled.
What this means, practically speaking, is that an executable file works and acts just like an installed version of the Nx Desktop application, but without the need to install Nx Desktop on the local machine.
Or - to put it in rich-dummy terms - an Nx Desktop Executable is a portable version of Nx Desktop which includes the originally exported video files.
How to use Export-to-Executable:
- Make sure you have the the video you would like to export open in your current Layout.
- Use your mouse to highlight the time period you would like to export on the Timeline.
- Right-click and choose "Export Selection" and then, in the Export Dialog chooose "Executable Network Optix Media File".
- Give your file a name and choose a location to save the file.
- Click “Save”.
- That's it! When done you will see a pop-up and the executable can be shared via email or a file-sharing system.