Unexpected video codec format streaming has been received with video API
Extracting transmitted video streaming from the camera, which is set H.264 through RTSP streaming from the Nx server, the received video format changed to H.265 unexpectedly. This could happen?
What we did
We set the following video streaming flow for our original AI processing.
Out system overview
[ Camera ] >—(1)—> [ Nx Server ] >—(2)— >[ Our custom AI server ]
(1) video streaming set to H.264 with ONVIF
(2) video streaming format was not designated specifically
Used Web API without video codec as follwoing.
Our server stopped due to an unexpected video codec H.265 received.
This issue happens not always happen. Only once we faced the issue.
We are not sure about the trigger.
The expected video codec is H.264, and even video codec is not set over API, the video format should follow the original camera video codec always, we expect.
Assuming we would not encounter the issue if video codec is set with API. However, this could imply that Nx internally changed the stored video codec to H.265 after receiving H.264 video streaming. On top of that, we worry about CPU/GPU resources changing video format unexpectedly. What is the Nx internal behavior? If this could happen, how to avoid this behavior?
1. Why such an unexpected video format has been transmitted?
2. Nx could generate another video format to store video?
3. If The answer to Q2 is yes, could you please share the workaround to fix the video to fix a designated CODEC and share possible side effects? if this workaround is not usual.
Please sign in to leave a comment.