Looking for a feature from another VMS provider that I have found very useful in the past.
They have the ability to mark a camera as being in "maintenance mode" This is incredibly useful on large systems with 100's of cameras and people from different areas viewing the system.
when enabled you can
- put a start and stop time, or without a stop time, it is on indefinitely.
- The camera is marked with an icon (hammer or traffic cone etc) to show it is out of/being serviced
- A comment can be added as to the reason for the maintenance mode
- The camera when placed into maintenance mode ceases to generate alerts in the system log - preventing spamming emails or notifications out to the client/integrator for a known problem.
- When the system is viewed by a different member of staff, a camera that has been put into maintenance mode (as it is offline etc) lets the new staff/manager know that this has been looked into already and prevents multiple reports from coming in for the same issue.
- Notification - it would be nice to trigger an email to the system owner that a camera has been put into maintenance mode, with any comments and the dates/times included - and then another to advise that the maintenance mode has ended when it is switched off.
Would be nice to have something similar!
Please sign in to leave a comment.