Is there way to specific playback position from external Web Service?Answered
I am looking for some way to set a playback position (time) from an external Web service.
We want to implement a scheduler for remote patrol with Nx. However, we cannot program a specific schedule with Nx because of a lack of time resolution. Nx allows only 1 hour. So as a countermeasure, we are thinking of preparing an external server to transmit some API call or event to trigger Nx with a specific playback time. However, I still could not find the proper API or way.
can you specify the scenario like this:
- what happens in the real world
- after that, 3rd-party system triggers smth in Nx (recording?)
- smth else happens in the real world
- 3rd party systems triggers Nx to do smth (stop recording?)
This scenario can be achieved via Generic Event -> Camera recording Event rule
Use "state" field to start/stop
Here is full article: https://support.networkoptix.com/hc/en-us/articles/216914297-How-to-start-stop-recording-using-Nx-Witness-Generic-Event
- Nx configured to record everything
- Someone uses Desktop Client to review archive
- There is a webpage integration (https://support.networkoptix.com/hc/en-us/articles/7824884166935-Introduction)
- Webpage integration controls playback position via JS API
Thank you for the reply.
It was a very informative reply.
Via JS API will work, looks like. So we are trying to DL new version 5.0 but cannot find the like to DL.
Can you share the link?
Thank you again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.