I built an app to help build and keep my docker images up to date without needing to manually monitor version changes.
The app loads the product releases from the JSON API and uses that information to create docker builds.
E.g. from from https://nxvms.com/api/utils/downloads:
1) Is there documentation on how the information is to be used? E.g. I figured out how to create a download URL by trial and error?
2) I noticed the following discrepancies in the JSON file, making it difficult to deterministically create the download URL:
- NxMeta versions are published with non semver versions, e.g. "126.96.36.199134 R10" vs. "188.8.131.52134".
- The product field "nxwitness" is 404, and needs to be replaced with "default".
- The product field "dwspectrum" is 404, and needs to be replaced with "digitalwatchdog".
- The platform is "linux_x64" on v5 and "linux64" on v4 and DWSpectrum.
3) Is there an equivalent JSON API or a deterministic way to get the latest Beta/pre-release versions, without needing to visit the product page? Today I use VisualPing to be notified when the download page changes, but that is not deterministic or reliable. (I know Evgeny said no before, I hope that may have changed)
For reference see here for the code I use:
Please sign in to leave a comment.