Unrelated to my problem, I would like to register frustration that the option to submit a ticket has been taken off the Network Optix website... I understand that COVID has made things difficult for everybody, but text-based tickets are easy to manage even with a workforce that's operating from home.
That out of the way, any assistance from the community or Network Optix would be hugely appreciated.
The NxWitness server has been allocated 2x6 cores (24 logical) and 16GB of RAM, and 10Gb network in our vSphere environment, which is a cluster of four CISCO C220 M5 hosts.
- Do all Ubuntu updates.
- Do all NxWitness updates.
- Reboot server.
- Increase resources available to server (added more RAM and cores).
- Ensure that NAS is not exceeding it's expected maximum IOPS or write speed based on current configuration.
- Ensured that SSD caching is enabled and being used for writes.
- Checked for network congestion (there isn't any).
- Tried disabling SSD cache in NAS.
- Tried disabling one of the two 60TB recording target drives in Witness so that it was only recording to one.
- Set cameras to record at 6 FPS instead of 10 and checked that all are using H265 (where supported).
- Rebooted cameras.
Please sign in to leave a comment.