Nx Witness is a lightweight and powerful platform that is also flexible and extensible. It is designed to allow you to customize and use it for your specific projects.
Once you know the requirements for a project, you can start planning the implementation of the custom solution for the specific customer:
Check the feature list, to see what is available out of the box
Nx Witness has all standard features required for fully-functional professional video management systems, including:
- Automatic discovery and support for 99% of IP cameras on the market: refer to IPVD to see what’s supported
- Video recording with storage management, balancing, and backup
- Video playback, bookmarks, motion, and metadata search in a feature-rich Desktop client application
- Event rules management — flexible configuration for automatization
- Remote connectivity via Cloud without any network configuration
- Multi-server HIVE architecture with no single point of failure and built-in failover
- And many more: https://networkoptix.com
Check environment requirements
Nx Witness is cross-platform: it works on Windows, Linux, Mac, ARM devices, Virtual Environments. If the project has specific requirements, please check the full list of support technology.
Check what existing components you need for the project
Nx Witness provides server, desktop, mobile applications, and cloud services. You can use any combination of them for your solution.
- for integrating video management capabilities into another system, you can use only Nx Witness Server and develop integration with Server API
- if there are custom requirements for the mobile application, you can use Nx Witness Desktop as a management interface, and develop an alternative mobile application
- for monitoring centers, you can use Nx Witness Desktop and control it using Layouts, the built-in web browser, or
- you can take all components to get a fully functional professional video management system
Add new features and components
Nx Witness is plug-and-play by design, meaning you can easily connect any number of additional things to it and make them work together. You only need to develop the non-standard pieces of the project. Also, you can add plugins and integrations developed by other companies.
- create custom UI components by utilizing the build-in browser in Nx Witness Desktop
- take plugins for face recognition and create a keyless access control project
- integrate security alarm system with Nx Witness Server to send notifications and create bookmarks for video
Overall, the flexible developer tools allow you to satisfy almost any VMS project requirements and build reliable solutions for your needs
Article is closed for comments.