In addition to the default customization package which is provided as a dependency and works with Nx Meta, it is possible to create your own one with your custom details. The package will be compatible with the Cloud Portal you create it from and the corresponding VMS Brand.
For instance, if you create a custom package from:
- Nx Meta Portal - it will work with Nx Meta Server and Nx Meta Portal
- Nx Witness Portal - with Nx Witness Server / Nx Cloud Portal
- Your OEM Cloud Portal - with your OEM VMS Server and Cloud Portal.
See “Client-Server Compatibility” in "Open Source Desktop Client Versioning".
To create a custom package for your OEM or for Nx Meta, do the following:
- Register or log in to <Cloud Name> Portal or to Nx Meta Cloud Portal.
- Go to For Developers -> Developer Console (i.e. https://meta.nxvms.com/developers/custom-clients).
- Click Create a Custom Client.
- Enter your organization name and click Create.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Internal Name - this is the ID of your Open Source Client.
- Company Name - this will affect the installation folder and will be displayed in the Main Menu > About form in the Support section.
- (Optional) Custom url for the open source libraries - Most open-source libraries require you to list them in your source files. We provide a way to list all the dependencies on a single page: https://meta.nxvms.com/content/libraries. You can create a custom page based on ours, list it on your web server and put a link here. It will be displayed in the Main Menu > About form in the Credits section.
- Company Web Page - will be displayed in the Resource Tree by default.
- Support Address - will be displayed in the Main Menu > About form in the Support section.
- Eula Title - the EULA header. Will be displayed at the top of the tab with EULA when displayed.
- EULA Content - HTML file with the License Agreement. Can be pasted as plain HTML code or as text with simple formatting
- Release List URL - the URL of the Update Server that will be hosting Client and Server distributions for 1-Click upgrade. See “Distributing Custom System Components through 1-Click Updates”
- Offline Update Generator Url - URL for the offline update server (not used, will be documented later)
- Custom Client Variant - Custom Name of your Open Source Client.
- Click Save & Download.
- Place the zip archive to the <develop> folder (see "Obtaining Sources from Open-Source Repositories"). Save the full path to the package, this will be used to build the Open Source Desktop Client further
If you want to make changes, edit the corresponding entry and re-download the updated package, then rebuild the project. If EULA is updated and the client is rebuilt, the updated EULA will be displayed when launching the client for the first time.