Nx 5.0 introduced Resource Grouping, a new feature that allows users to group resources (camera, I/O module, NVR, web page, etc.) together in the Resource Tree. Not only on a single server but also across the different servers within a multi-server system.
Benefits of Resource Grouping
Resource Grouping helps manage resources in your Nx System. For example, without Resource Grouping, if the administrator of a multi-floor building wanted its cameras to be listed by the floor numbers, they only had two options: naming the cameras with the floor number as the prefix or deploying the servers on each floor and adding the cameras to the dedicated server.
After installing Nx Witness 5.0, the administrator can create a group with the floor numbers and add the cameras to each group according to the floor they are on. Additionally, Nx Witness supports multi-layer groups, helping administrators manage their resources more efficiently.
Moreover, the administrator can hide the servers on the Resource Tree. The resources will be categorized by groups only, without being separated by the server as the upper layer.
Using Resource Grouping
- Select the resources you would like to include in the new group in the Resource Tree.
- Right-click on the resources and select Create Group.
- Enter the desired group name. To create the subgrouping: select the resources within the groups and repeat step 1 and 2.
- To add or remove the resources: select the resources, then drag and drop them to the desired group.
Hide Servers on the Resource Tree
- Right-click on the Servers icon.
- Click Show Servers to disable it and hide Servers.
Show Servers on the Resource Tree
- Right-click on the Cameras & Devices icon.
- Click Show Servers to enable it and see Servers.
Note: The groups under the different servers with the same group name will be considered a single group. After hiding the servers on the Resource Tree, the resources will be listed under one united group.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.