Nx Witness version 5.0+ has new API documentation created using Swagger, which can be downloaded and viewed by users. Swagger framework makes it easier for us to create new and modify existing APIs, validate and test APIs, and improve the design scheme of our API documentation.
How to download the Server API?
Through the Web Admin using local authorization
- Log in to Nx Web Admin.
- Open a new tab and enter the Web Admin URL with your desired API. You can request two different API files:
- Right-click on the output and click Save as. The default option is JSON.
Through the Web Admin using the Cloud Relay
Cloud Relay skips the need to authenticate locally:
- Find your Cloud System ID and create your Cloud Relay URL.
- Open a new tab and enter the Cloud Relay URL with your desired API. You can request two different API files:
- Right-click on the output and click Save as. The default file type is JSON.
How to view the downloaded JSON of the Server API?
The preferred way to view the JSON output from the above steps is the online Swagger Editor:
- Click File > Import file.
- Select the JSON file to load into the editor.
How to access the JSON output files directly in Swagger Editor without downloading the file?
To import the API to the online Swagger Editor without downloading:
- Open the online Swagger Editor.
- Click File > Import URL. If importing via Web Admin using local authorization, remember to authenticate first in a different tab.
- Paste the URL and click OK. The JSON file is loaded in the editor.
How to print the Server API documentation in PDF format?
Utilize the built-in print page as PDF option available in most browsers (Settings > Print > Save As PDF > Save or use the hotkey CTRL + P).