Why do I get the error “Storage Issue: Analytics storage DB error. Insufficient permissions on the mount point”?
This typically occurs on Ubuntu servers when trying to store analytics data on a drive that Nx Server is not able to properly access due to having inadequate permissions. Your server is likely missing the following permissions to the storage drive:
- Read (the capability to read the contents of the file)
- Execute (the capability to execute a file or view the contents of a directory)
How to fix the storage issue
In Nx Witness 4.1 (build 31510 and higher), we introduced an option in the Nx WebAdmin interface called forceAnalyticsDbStoragePermissons that grants Nx Server the necessary read and execute permissions for that storage drive.
Follow the steps below to enable the option:
- Open the Nx WebAdmin advanced page:
http://<server ip>:<server port>/static/index.html#/advanced
- Log in to the administrator account to gain access.
- Check the box for forceAnalyticsDbStoragePermissons.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.