Why am I getting the ERR_CERT_REVOKED error?
This issue affects Systems with one or more servers that were previously on version 4.0 or below. It occurs when a user clicks New System on the Welcome Screen or Web Page in Camera Settings in Nx Desktop for macOS. This is caused by the stricter requirements on TLS/SSL server certificates in macOS Catalina.
Note: The problem has only shown up on servers using self-signed certificates automatically generated by Nx Server. While unlikely, if you experience this issue with certificates issued by a Certificate Authority, contact the Nx Support immediately.
This problem only occurs when two conditions have been met:
- The Nx Server was updated from version 4.0 or older.
- At least one of the following events occurred:
- The System database was removed manually.
- The “Detach server from the System” or “Reset Server” functions on the Server Web-Admin page were used.
- The System database became severely corrupted, so the server dropped it to a clean state.
How to fix ERR_CERT_REVOKED
The System Administrator should access the server’s Operating System and perform the following procedure:
- Stop the Nx Server service.
- Remove the certificate file (cert.pem) from the server’s data directory. Location details are different for Windows and Linux and can be found HERE
- Start the Nx Server service. It will automatically generate a new valid certificate
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.
Article is closed for comments.