What is supported
Nx Witness Server
What is Docker?
Docker is a set of platform-as-a-service products that use OS-level virtualization to deliver software in packages called containers.
A container is a standard unit of software that packages up code and all its dependencies so the application runs quickly and reliably from one computing environment to another. A Docker container image is a lightweight, standalone, executable package of software that includes everything needed to run an application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings.
Container images become containers at runtime and in the case of Docker containers - images become containers when they run on Docker Engine.
Available for both Linux and Windows-based applications, containerized software will always run the same, regardless of the infrastructure. Containers isolate software from its environment and ensure that it works uniformly despite differences for instance between development and staging.
What are the benefits of using the Nx Witness Server in Docker?
Over the past few years, Docker has become more and more popular in enterprise environments because it makes the IT infrastructure more flexible, robust and manageable.
Docker lets you run a lot of software and services in individual safe containers on the same hardware. Docker containers are easy to configure, update and manage, and they unify the way all software components of the infrastructure work in the organization.
Deploying Nx Witness Server in Docker environment lets you manage your video system the same way you manage all other components of the IT infrastructure -- potentially lowering ongoing support costs for an organization.
There are also additional capabilities available when using Nx Witness Server in Docker:
- Troubleshoot and test more efficiently by running multiple servers, or using different server versions concurrently on the same machine.
- Automate scalability: Docker allows for the creation of scripts to speed up server setup and deployment in large systems.
- Run Nx Witness Server on macOS in a lightweight way without a full virtual machine.
- Test integrations with Nx Witness Servers by creating a multi-server system on a single computer
- Isolate specific servers to debug camera issues without affecting production systems.
More information and Download
Docker container is a one of the Open Source Repositories. More information can be found here.