Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Server
Why do I need to remove old analytics data?
Old analytics data is not compatible with the current release. If you have had any 4.0 Beta or Release Candidate build installed, you need to delete the old analytics data and old analytics plugins (including stub_analytics_plugin) if you have ever used them.
How to remove analytics data:
- Open the Server context menu and select Server Settings.
- In the Storage Management tab find all storage locations that contain analytics data.
- Go to each storage location (e.g., D:\HD Witness Media) and delete the following
a. Database file: objects_detection.sqlite
b. Data folder: archive/metadata
How to remove analytics plugins:
- Navigate to the plugins folder:
C:\Program Files\Network Optix\Nx Witness\MediaServer\plugins
- Delete stub_analytics_plugin.dll
- Navigate to the plugins_optional folder:
C:\Program Files\Network Optix\Nx Witness\MediaServer\plugins_optional
- Copy/paste stub_analytics_plugin.dll into the plugins folder from step 1.
- Delete libstub_analytics_plugin.so from the plugins folder:
sudo rm /opt/networkoptix/mediaserver/bin/plugins/libstub_analytics_plugin.so
- Copy/paste the untouched version of libstub_analytics_plugin.so found in the plugins_optional folder into the plugins folder from step 1.
sudo cp /opt/networkoptix/mediaserver/bin/plugins_optional/libstub_analytics_plugin.so /opt/networkoptix/mediaserver/bin/plugins/