What is the Nx Meta VMP Open Source Components repository?
It is an open-source repository called "nx_open" which contains Network Optix Meta Video Management Platform open source components – the source code and specifications which are part of Nx Meta VMP (Video Management Platform) which in turn is used to build all Powered-by-Nx products, including Nx Witness VMS (Video Management System).
This repository uses Mercurial (hg) Version Control System (VCS). Most of the source code and other files are licensed under the terms of Mozilla Public License 2.0 (unless specified otherwise in the files) which can be found in the license_mpl2.md file in the root directory of the repository.
Note: At the moment this repository isn’t populated enough to be used for Nx Witness integrations – it contains only nx_kit (see below), but it may be helpful for your own projects.
Currently, this repository is available to anyone as read-only, but if you want to share something, view Nx Meta code examples, or receive support for using Network Optix Open Source Code, please go to our developer forum.
What is nx_kit?
It is a C++ library containing platform-agnostic utilities written by Network Optix (Nx) and used across various Nx projects.
Units of nx_kit include the following:
- IniConfig – A way to configure certain variables that will allow you to debug and experiment with minimal impact on performance.
- Debug – Utilities for debugging: measuring execution time and FPS, logging values and messages, etc.
- Test - A simple unit testing framework, similar to Google Test.
- Utils – Simple utilities used by other nx_kit units.
* For more information about nx_kit and to see a building overview, go to the readme.md file in the nx_kit folder.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.