What is the Write to log action?
Nx Witness allows users to write to the System log file based on specific events. This is useful for tracking events which may not need an automated System reaction but are important for later searches - e.g. Generic Events from 3rd party integrated LPR Systems, in-camera analytics, etc.
How to create a rule with the Write to log action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Write to log.
- In the Interval of Action field select how often the Rule should run when triggered.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.