Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Advanced Viewer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop • Nx Server
What is the Speak action?
Nx Witness allows users to create a rule with an action to speak a custom string of words based on specific System events with a computer-generated voice and can be sent to operators or to specific devices (IP Cameras, I/O Modules).
How to create a rule with the Speak action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Play Sound.
- In the At field select the camera or I/O device you would like to play this sound upon (not required).
- In the Interval of Action field select how often the Rule should run when triggered.
- If you would like to play the sound on a connected Nx Desktop client check the Speak to users checkbox and choose operators.
- Speak the following field enter the text you would like the System to speak.
- Adjust the volume to your desired level.
- Press Test to play the sound on your selected devices and for your selected operators.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.