Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Advanced Viewer • Viewer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop
What is the Show Text Overlay action?
Nx Witness's Show Text Overlay action is a feature which allows operators to display custom text on top of live streams based on specific System events. The Show Text Overlay action can use either built-in style and automatic-generated text, or can be customized using HTML to provide variable types of overlays.
* Note: Text Overlays only show on live video and are not stored in Archive. Trying to store event-driven information in the storage archive? Check out Bookmarks.
How to set up a Show Text Overlay action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Show on Alarm Layout.
- In the at field select the device(s) (cameras, streams) on which the text should be shown.
- Optional: Check the Also show source camera checkbox if you would like to show the text on the camera generated the event.
- In the Display text for: field configure how long the text should be shown on the live stream.
- To create custom text check the Use custom text checkbox and add your custom text and styles.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.