What is the Show Text Overlay action?
Nx Witness's Show Text Overlay action is a feature which allows operators to display custom text on top of live streams based on specific System events. The Show Text Overlay action can use either built-in style and automatic-generated text, or can be customized using HTML to provide variable types of overlays.
* Note: Text Overlays only show on live video and are not stored in Archive. Trying to store event-driven information in the storage archive? Check out Bookmarks.
How to set up a Show Text Overlay action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Show on Alarm Layout.
- In the at field select the device(s) (cameras, streams) on which the text should be shown.
- Optional: Check the Also show source camera checkbox if you would like to show the text on the camera generated the event.
- In the Display text for: field configure how long the text should be shown on the live stream.
- To create custom text check the Use custom text checkbox and add your custom text and styles.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.