What is the Show Notification action?
Nx Witness allows Administrators to create Rules to Show Notifications to operators on the Nx Witness Desktop Client in the Notifications Panel. When a notification appears in the Notifications Panel it can be clicked-on to open and review the associated video.
How to create a rule with the Show Notification action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Show Notification.
- In the Interval of Action field configure how often the Rule should run when triggered.
- In the for section choose the roles / users the notification should appear for.
- To make the notification to remain in the Notifications panel for targeted operators until acknowledged / Bookmarked check the Force Acknowledgement checkbox.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.