Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Advanced Viewer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop • Nx Server
What is the Show Notification action?
Nx Witness allows Administrators to create Rules to Show Notifications to operators on the Nx Witness Desktop Client in the Notifications Panel. When a notification appears in the Notifications Panel it can be clicked-on to open and review the associated video.
How to create a rule with the Show Notification action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Show Notification.
- In the Interval of Action field configure how often the Rule should run when triggered.
- In the for section choose the roles / users the notification should appear for.
- To make the notification to remain in the Notifications panel for targeted operators until acknowledged / Bookmarked check the Force Acknowledgement checkbox.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.