What is the Show Desktop Notification action?
Nx Witness allows Administrators to create Rules to Show Desktop Notifications to operators on the Nx Witness Desktop Client in the Notifications Panel. When a notification appears in the Notifications Panel it can be clicked-on to open and review the associated video.
How to create a rule with the Show Notification action:
- Right-click on the camera (in the Resource Tree or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- In the Event section, find the When field and choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion on Camera, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section, find the Do field select Show Desktop Notification.
- In the Interval of Action, field configure how often the Rule should run when triggered.
- In the To section, choose the roles/users the notification should appear for.
- To make the notification remain in the Notification Panel until the specified roles/users have acknowledged/bookmarked it, select the Force Acknowledgement checkbox.
- Press Apply or OK to save the rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.
Article is closed for comments.