What is the Repeat Sound Action?
Nx Witness allows users to create a rule with an Action to repeat a sound for operators based on specific Events. Users can use existing sounds (included with the software) or upload a custom sound file of up to 15 seconds.
- Alarm Clock 2
- Alarm Clock 3
- Bicycle Bell
- Door Bell
- Notification 2
- Notification 3
- Siren 1
Supported custom sound formats:
How to create a rule with the Repeat Sound Action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Repeat sound.
- In the At field select the camera or I/O device you would like to play this sound upon (not required).
- In the Interval of Action field select how often the Rule should run when triggered.
- If you would like to play the sound on a connected Nx Desktop client check the Play to users checkbox and choose operators.
- Choose your sound in the dropdown box (or add a new sound using the Manage button).
- Adjust the volume to your desired level.
- Press Test to play the sound on your selected devices and for your selected operators.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.