Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Advanced Viewer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop • Nx Server
What is the Repeat Sound Action?
Nx Witness allows users to create a rule with an Action to repeat a sound for operators based on specific Events. Users can use existing sounds (included with the software) or upload a custom sound file.
- Alarm Clock 2
- Alarm Clock 3
- Bicycle Bell
- Door Bell
- Notification 2
- Notification 3
- Siren 1
Supported custom sound formats:
How to create a rule with the Repeat Sound Action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Repeat sound.
- In the At field select the camera or I/O device you would like to play this sound upon (not required).
- In the Interval of Action field select how often the Rule should run when triggered.
- If you would like to play the sound on a connected Nx Desktop client check the Play to users checkbox and choose operators.
- Choose your sound in the dropdown box (or add a new sound using the Manage button).
- Adjust the volume to your desired level.
- Press Test to play the sound on your selected devices and for your selected operators.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.