What is the Device Output Action?
Nx Witness has the ability to control hardwired binary inputs and outputs on compatible cameras. This Action allows an operator to create a rule to trigger a specific output (or outputs) as an Action on connected cameras based on an Event.
How to create a rule with the Device Recording Action?
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- In the Event Rules Dialog click +Add to create a new rule.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc) .
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Device Recording
- In the At field select the target camera(s)
- In the Output ID select a specific input (or leave Automatic) and select the duration the output action should fire.
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.