What is the Do Recording Action?
Nx Witness allows operators to trigger recording on a camera as a System Action based on a specific Event.
How to create a rule with the Device Recording Action?
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules
- In the Event Rules Dialog click +Add to create a new rule.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc) .
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Device Recording
- In the At field select the target camera(s)
- In the Interval of Action select how often the Action should occur.
- In Quality select the quality of the video you would like to record.
- Use Pre-Recording set the duration of the recording you want to capture before the triggering event occurs.
- Use Post-Recording select the duration of the recording you want to capture after the triggering event occurs.
- Or Use Fixed Duration to record a set duration.
- Press Apply and OK to save the new rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.