Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Advanced Viewer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop • Nx Server
What is the Do Recording Action?
Nx Witness allows operators to trigger recording on a camera as a System Action based on a specific Event.
How to create a rule with the Device Recording Action?
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules
- In the Event Rules Dialog click +Add to create a new rule.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc) .
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Device Recording
- In the At field select the target camera(s)
- In the Interval of Action select how often the Action should occur.
- In Quality select the quality of the video you would like to record.
- Use Pre-Recording set the duration of the recording you want to capture before the triggering event occurs.
- Use Post-Recording select the duration of the recording you want to capture after the triggering event occurs.
- Or Use Fixed Duration to record a set duration.
- Press Apply and OK to save the new rule.