What is the Motion on Camera event?
Nx Witness VMS always grabs two streams from a camera (see Dual Streaming / Adaptive Scaling) and uses the lower resolution stream to do Server-side motion detection. As video is captured the frames are analyzed for motion based on the Motion Detection settings configured in the Camera Settings Dialog.
The Motion on Camera event occurs when motion has been detected on a camera.
How to create a rule with the Motion on Camera event?
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- In the Event Rules Dialog click +Add to create a new rule.
- Under the Event section in the When field choose Motion on Camera and select the trigger (Options: Starts / Stops)
- In the At field select the target camera(s)
- Push the Schedule button to assign a time the rule should run.
- Choose your associated Action and the press Apply and OK to save and exit.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.