What is the Input Signal on Device event?
Many IP Cameras include dry contacts (binary inputs and outputs) which allow hard-wire integration between IP cameras and associated devices like door sensors, alarm sensors, etc. Input Signal on Device is an event that is generated when a camera's binary input receives a signal from a connected device or system and that signal is passed to Nx Witness VMS.
How to set up Analog Signal on a Device
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- In the Event Rules Dialog click +Add to create a new rule.
- Under the Event section in the When field choose Input Signal on Device and select the trigger (Options: Starts / Stops)
- In the At field select the target camera(s)
- In the Input ID field select the target inputs
- Push the Schedule button to assign a time the rule should run.
- Choose your associated Action and the press Apply and OK to save and exit.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.
Article is closed for comments.