Using Nx Desktop in Offline / Media Player Mode
The Nx Desktop application can be used in offline / media player mode - like a really cool version of VLC - without being connected to a System or Server. Here's how:
- Launch Nx Desktop and make sure you are not connected to a System. If you are, log out (Main Menu --> Disconnect from Server) to navigate to the Welcome Screen (not connected, with System tiles).
- From the Main Menu button select Browse Local Files
- Celebrate - you've just entered Nx Desktop's Media Player mode.
Importing Image and Video Files
There are a few different ways to import and view offline media files (images and videos) in Nx Desktop.
Nx Desktop supports playback/viewing of the following file types:
|Supported Video File Types:
|AVI MKV MP4 MOV TS M2TS MPEG MPG FLV WMV 3GP
|Supported Image File Types:
|JPG PNG GIF BMP TIFF
Note: Local files are not synchronized across a System and are not available to other users.
Drag & Drop to View
- Users can drag and drop supported file types directly into the Nx Desktop client in order to view the file.
- The file will the appear in the Local Files list (the bottom item in the Resource Panel).
Using Open in Main Menu
- From the Main Menu button select Open and then choose a file or folder to open.
- If you choose folder remember that Nx Desktop will attempt to open every file in that directory and your computer may not have the juice! The maximum number of files that can be opened at one time is limited by the maximum number of items on a Layout: 64.
Adding a Local Media Folder Settings Dialog
- From the Main Menu button select Local Settings
- In the General tab under the Local Media File select Add
- Select the Folder you would like to add and press Choose.
- Once added this folder will be scanned for any changes and files will automatically be made available in the Nx Desktop app
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.