Adding RTSP / HTTP / UDP Streams
Nx Witness VMS allows capturing and recording a variety of video stream types, including RTSP / HTTP / UDP streams. This makes it possible to add proprietary IP cameras (non-ONVIF, not natively integrated), 3rd Party NVR and DVR devices, and more.
Additionally, this feature supports Nx Witness Adaptive Scaling by allowing two streams to be entered (a high resolution stream and a low resolution stream) to create a single "camera".
How to add an RTSP / HTTP / UDP Stream:
- Right-click on the Server you would like to add the device to in the Resource Panel and in the drop down menu select Add Camera.
- While in the Known Address tab click into the Address field and enter the URL of the RTSP stream you would like to add (example: rtsp://192.168.50.208:7070/stream1)
- In the Login and Password fields enter the username and password for the IP Camera (the same used to login to the IP camera's browser-based interface).
- The Port field is only necessary if you are using a non-standard port on your IP cameras.
- Once all information is input press the Search button to find your IP camera.
- When your stream is found you will see it appear below. Check it and choose Add all Selected to complete the process.
- To add a secondary stream find the newly added stream in the Resource Panel, right click on it and open the Camera Settings dialog.
- Find and click on the Edit Streams button to open the Streams Addresses dialog.
- You should now see two streams available: Primary Stream and Secondary Stream.
- In the Secondary Stream field the second stream (example: rtsp://192.168.50.208:7070/stream2) and press OK to save and complete.
Note: The Primary and Secondary stream should be from the same device / IP address / URL.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.