Affected Roles: System Owner
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop
Setting up a new Nx Witness System
After installing Nx Witness you’ll need to create a System.
- In Nx Witness the Desktop Client can only connect to one System at a time.
- A System can be made up of one or many Servers and an unlimited number of Clients (Desktop, Mobile, Cloud, Browser).
- Systems can be offline or cloud-connected.
- An offline system runs on its own LAN/WAN and is connected to remotely via public IP address or Dynamic DNS set up by the SI / End-User.
- A Cloud-connected System is a System that is connected to Nx Cloud and can be accessed anywhere via Nx Cloud with an email / password combination without the need for a public IP address or Dynamic DNS.
Creating a new System
- To create a new System you’ll need to click on a New Server tile to get started.
- On the Get Started with Nx Witness dialog choose Setup New System
- On the Enter System Name dialog give your System a name.
- On this dialog you also have the ability to enter Advanced System Settings
- If you are installing Nx Witness as a replacement and you would like to keep your existing cameras’ settings uncheck the first checkbox
- If you would like to disable auto-discovery and manually add streams / devices uncheck the second checkbox
- We collect anonymous usage statistics to create things like the 2018 Anonymous Statistics Report and to help us identify and resolve issues for users, but you can always opt-out here!
- On the Setup a System Owner Password dialog you’ll need to create an Owner password for the System.
- This password is extremely important - it grants full access to a System when used with the admin login.