Setting up a new Nx Witness System
After installing Nx Witness you’ll need to create a System.
- Nx Desktop can only connect to one System at a time.
- A System can be made up of one or many Servers and an unlimited number of Clients (Desktop, Mobile, Cloud, Browser).
- Systems can be offline or cloud-connected:
- An offline system runs on its own LAN/WAN and is connected to remotely via public IP address or Dynamic DNS set up by the SI / End-User.
- A Cloud-connected System is a System that is connected to Nx Cloud and can be accessed anywhere via Nx Cloud with an email / password combination without the need for a public IP address or Dynamic DNS.
Creating a new System
- Click on the New Server tile.
- Choose Setup New System.
- Type your desired System name into the box below Enter System Name. If you don't need to access the Advanced System settings, click Next. Advanced System Settings may be helpful for the following reasons:
- To install Nx Witness as a replacement and you would like to keep your existing cameras’ settings uncheck the first checkbox.
- To disable auto-discovery and manually add streams / devices uncheck the second checkbox.
- To opt-out of anonymous usage statistics collected to create things like the 2018 Anonymous Statistics Report and to help us identify and resolve issues for users.
- Create an Owner password for the System.
- This password is extremely important - it grants full access to a System when used with the default admin login.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.