Setting up a new Nx Witness System
After installing Nx Witness you’ll need to create a System.
- In Nx Witness the Desktop Client can only connect to one System at a time.
- A System can be made up of one or many Servers and an unlimited number of Clients (Desktop, Mobile, Cloud, Browser).
- Systems can be offline or cloud-connected.
- An offline system runs on its own LAN/WAN and is connected to remotely via public IP address or Dynamic DNS set up by the SI / End-User.
- A Cloud-connected System is a System that is connected to Nx Cloud and can be accessed anywhere via Nx Cloud with an email / password combination without the need for a public IP address or Dynamic DNS.
Creating a new System
- To create a new System you’ll need to click on a New Server tile to get started.
- On the Get Started with Nx Witness dialog choose Setup New System
- On the Enter System Name dialog give your System a name.
- On this dialog you also have the ability to enter Advanced System Settings
- If you are installing Nx Witness as a replacement and you would like to keep your existing cameras’ settings uncheck the first checkbox
- If you would like to disable auto-discovery and manually add streams / devices uncheck the second checkbox
- We collect anonymous usage statistics to create things like the 2018 Anonymous Statistics Report and to help us identify and resolve issues for users, but you can always opt-out here!
- On the Setup a System Owner Password dialog you’ll need to create an Owner password for the System.
- This password is extremely important - it grants full access to a System when used with the admin login.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.