What is the Nx Meta Video Management Platform?
Nx Meta VMP is an IP video management platform - a lightweight, powerful, cross-platform, extensible IP video management product that allows users to discover, stream, configure and manage IP cameras, RTSP streams, I/O devices.
The Nx Meta Video Management Platform consists of the following component applications:
- Nx Cloud - a public cloud application
- Nx Desktop - a media browser application for Windows, Ubuntu Linux, and Mac
- Nx Mobile - a mobile app for iOS and Android devices
- Nx Server - a media server for Windows, Ubuntu Linux, and some ARM devices
Check out Meta's System Architecture.
Nx Meta has Client-Server Hive architecture
- The Client is a cockpit used to drive the system - a GUI for the system (Nx Desktop, Nx Mobile, Nx Server Web Admin
- The Nx Server forms the “brain” of the system - discovering cameras, managing devices & users, indexing recording archives, events & rules engine, data synchronization as a system grows, etc.
- A System can have multiple Server applications - all of which synchronize System Configuration and Users in real-time, forming a Server-Hive architecture.
Nx Meta Developer Tools
The Nx Meta VMS Platform includes a suite of tools for developers to integrate 3rd party hardware or software, including:
- Nx Meta Server API - a RESTful HTTP API built right into every Nx Server application
- Nx Meta Video Source SDK - for integrating video, audio, and I/O devices
- Nx Meta Storage SDK - for integrating non-standard storage (e.g. Veracity Coldstore)
- Nx Meta Metadata SDK - a new SDK that supports metadata exchange and more
* The Metadata SDK is only available now in the Meta Early Access Program*
Nx Meta's Developer Tools provide a programming interface to create Plugins.