Defining your Plugin Engine and Settings
Every Analytics Plugin Engine is visible in the System settings dialog. Once defined operators will be able to configure a Plugin and enable it on target cameras / streams.
Before beginning your implementation ask yourself the following questions:
- What types of objects and attributes will the integrated video analytic / computer vision application be able to detect?
- What events will the integrated video analytic / computer vision application be able to generate?
- How will your analytics engine be used in real-world applications? This should be reflected in the Engine settings model. For example:
- Car detection and face recognition will rarely be used on a single camera view
- Pedestrian detection and car detection, on the other hand, may be applied often to the same camera view
- What settings will be needed for the Analytics Engine to connect the integrated video analytics / computer vision system with Nx Meta VMP (e.g. system / server IP address, credentials)?
- What settings will an operator need to configure your plugin for an individual camera?