AI-driven computer vision / video analytics solutions serve two basic purposes:
- Augmentation - to allow operators to accomplish tasks more quickly / accurately
- Automation - to remove human operators from a system reaction / process completely
For Nx Meta VMP we can distill these two general concepts into something more specific:
- Augmentation - we want to capture metadata from video to help operators receive more accurate Event Notifications and be able to find target video more quickly with Smart Search.
- Use Case: Provide an alert to an operator when an unidentified person has entered a secure area.
- Automation - we can use the Rules Engine in Nx Meta VMP to program the System to react without the need for operator participation.
- Use Case: Open access control points automatically for identified employees during working hours.
Nx Meta VMP provides two ways to achieve those goals:
- Nx Meta VMP captures metadata (detected objects) from integrated computer vision / video analytics solutions and stores the metadata in a dedicated database on the Nx Server application.
- Nx Meta VMP's Metadata SDK provides the ability to create Custom Events which can be used by operators in the Rules Engine to create rules that automate System reactions.