Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Apps: Nx Server
Modifying the Logging Level of a Server
Sometimes you may be asked to elevate or modify the Main Logging Level of the Server by one of our Support Engineers as we assist you in troubleshooting an issue. Please follow the steps below to modify the level.
1. Navigate to the Server Web Admin interface by right clicking on a server in the Desktop client and selecting Server Web Page.
- This will launch the Server Web Admin interface for the targeted server.
- A Server's Web Admin Interface can also be access by inputting the IP Address of the Server with the port in a web browser.
- e.g https://localhost:7001 or https://<serveripaddress:port>
2. Login with Administrator level credentials.
3. Once you have logged in as an Administrator modify your URL to navigate to the hidden "Advanced" section of the Web Admin Interface:
- e.g. http://demo.networkoptix.com:7001/static/index.html#/advanced
4. Once you are in the Advanced view nagivate to the Log Settings section, locate the Main log level drop-down menu and choose the option as instructed by our support team. In most cases you'll be required to elevate the log level to Debug2.
5. Click Save.