Affected Roles: Developer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Server • Nx Desktop • Nx Web Admin • Nx Cloud
What is the Nx Meta Video Management Platform?
The Nx Meta VMS Platform is an open, extensible full-featured video platform that enables rapid integration of virtually any 3rd party technology - hardware, software, or 3rd party Systems - with any Powered-by-Nx product (e.g. Nx Witness VMS).
The Nx Meta Video Management Platform consists of the following component applications:
- Nx Cloud - a public cloud application
- Nx Desktop - a media browser application for Windows, Ubuntu Linux, and Mac
- Nx Mobile - a mobile app for iOS and Android devices
- Nx Server - a media server for Windows, Ubuntu Linux, and some ARM devices
Check out Meta's System Architecture.
Nx Meta Developer Tools
The Nx Meta VMS Platform includes a suite of tools for developers to integrate 3rd party hardware or software, including:
- Nx Meta Server API - a RESTful HTTP API built right into every Nx Server application
- Nx Meta Video Source SDK - for integrating video, audio, and I/O devices
- Nx Meta Storage SDK - for integrating non-standard storage (e.g. Veracity Coldstore)
- Nx Meta Metadata SDK - a new SDK that supports metadata exchange and more
* The Metadata SDK is only available now in the Meta Early Access Program*