What is an Analytic Event?
Nx Witness v3.2 introduced the ability to create rules based on 3rd party In-Camera video analytics events (e.g. in-camera people counting, line-cross, face detection, license plate recognition, loitering, etc) from Axis, Hanwha, & Hikvision IP cameras.
How to set up an Analytic Event:
- Make sure you are logged in to the target System using the Nx Witness Desktop application.
- From the Main Menu button select System Administration and then click Event Rules.
- On the upper right of the Event Rules dialog click on +Add to create a new rule.
- In the When field choose Analytics Event.
- In the At field select your target device(s) that will be generating the Analytics Event for your rule.
- Choose the Event Type that will trigger the rule. These vary depending on the manufacturer and model of the camera.
- Use the Caption and Description fields to add any metadata to be used for filtering individual events (if you're not sure how this works, check out Generic Events).
- In the Action section of the dialog select and configure your desired System Action.
- And....you're done. Make sure to save your event.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.
Article is closed for comments.