Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Advanced Viewer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop • Nx Server
What is an Analytic Event?
Nx Witness v3.2 introduces the ability to create rules based on 3rd party In-Camera video analytics events (e.g. in-camera people counting, line-cross, face detection, license plate recognition, loitering, etc) from Axis, Hanwha, & Hikvision IP cameras.
How to set up an Analytic Event:
- Make sure you are logged in to the target System using the Nx Witness Desktop application.
- From the Main Menu button select System Administration and then click Event Rules.
- On the upper right of the Event Rules dialog click on +Add to create a new rule.
- In the When field choose Analytics Event.
- In the At field select your target device(s) that will be generating the Analytics Event for your rule.
- Choose the Event Type that will trigger the rule. These vary depending on the manufacturer and model of the camera.
- Use the Caption and Description fields to add any metadata to be used for filtering individual events (if you're not sure how this works, check out Generic Events).
- In the Action section of the dialog select and configure your desired System Action.
- And....you're done. Make sure to save your event.