Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Advanced Viewer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop • Nx Server
What are Analytics Events & Rules?
Nx Witness v3.2 introduces the ability to create rules based on 3rd party video analytics events (e.g. in-camera people counting, line-cross, face detection, license plate recognition, loitering, etc).
How to set up an Analytics Event:
- Make sure you are logged in to the target System using Nx Desktop.
- From the Main Menu button select System Administration and then click Event Rules.
- On the upper right of the Event Rules dialog click on +Add to create a new rule.
- Under Event select Analytics Event in the When field.
- Click on the At field to launch the Select Devices dialog
- Select the device (or devices) that will be generating the 3rd party Analytics Event for your rule.
- Choose the Event Type that will trigger the rule
- Use the Caption and Description fields to add any metadata to be used for filtering individual events (if you're not sure how this works, check out Generic Events).
- In the Action section of the dialog select and configure your desired System Action.
- And....you're done. Make sure to save your event.