What is Audio-as-an-Action?
Audio-as-an-Action is a feature of Nx Witness that allows users to create a rule that plays sounds or warning voice file to a targeted device. This allows Nx Witness operators to communicate using 2-way audio in a walkie-talkie like fashion with devices. (Currently on Axis devices running firmware version 5.x or higher)
How to use Audio-as-an-action
- Navigate to the Main Menu then select System Administration.
- Select Event Rules.
- Click the Add button to create a new rule.
- Configure your rule as you normally would for your targeted Event or Device.
- In the Action column select Play Sound or Speak.
- Select the targeted output devices that will play the sound when the event is triggered.
- Choose your Interval of Action.
- Choose if you want to play the sound on your client PC.
- Select the sound file or you can add/manage your own sound effect files by clicking the Manage button.
- Adjust the volume, and test the result.
- Click Apply, then OK to save the rules and event configuration.