Nx Witness v2.5.0 is a major release that brings an entirely new level of enterprise capabilities - including Bookmarks, the new Nx Mobile app for iOS and Android, Storage Backup, PTZ Preset-as-an-Action, Alarm Layout, and Live Video Text Overlay.
To upgrade in your Nx Witness client use the following Build Number and Password:
Build Number: 11500
- New Mobile Apps - Brand new cross-platform mobile apps for iOS and Android with better performance, revamped design and consistent user experience across both Apple iOS and Google Android devices.
- Bookmarks - Users can create bookmarks for specific segments of archived video with names, descriptions, and tags either manually or via the Rules & Events engine.
- Storage Backup - Users can now set up scheduled or real-time archive backup of high-res, low-res, or all streams from selected cameras to local, NAS, or even cloud-based storage locations (e.g. ftp sites, Amazon Prime Storage, etc).
- PTZ Preset as an Action - Users can now set up rules to trigger a PTZ preset as an action (e.g. create a motion event on a fixed camera that triggers the PTZ to look at the spot where motion occured)
- Alarm Layout - allows users to set display-camera-on-Alarm-Layout as an action (aka pop-up video on alarm).
- Live Video Text Overlay - allows users to create custom text overlays-as-an-action (including Generic Event API).
NEW DEVICE SUPPORT
- Axis F44 Main Unit
- Axis Q6000E panoramic camera
- ACTi V23 4 Channel Encoder (with I/O Support)
- Messoa IP Cameras (with I/O Support)
- Hikvision DS-6704HFI 4 Channel Video Server
- Implemented "Advanced" Settings for DWC-BVI2IR cameras
- Better support of ISD Panzilla cameras
- Vista VK2-1080XVRDPTPMF camera now mapped for advanced PTZ
- Arecont RTSP camera support implemented
- Digital I/O support for Arecont cameras implemented
- Added "Connect" button to the "Test" dialog during dialog
- Updated viewing cell icons and improved styling for "info" data
- Calendar widget can now be pinned
- Added layout background support for video wall
- Transcoding is now enabled by default for video export from multi-sensor cameras (e.g. DWC-PZV2M72T)
- Added warning before export if export will result in video downscaling (applies only to very high resolution or multi-sensor cameras)
- "Timeline mode" renamed to "Time Mode". Change can be seen in timeline, timestamps in Event Logs, Audit Trail and Bookmark Log
- Added ability to sort Alarm/Event Rules by any column
- Improved "Server Settings" and "System Administration" dialogs - now changes can be applied without closing dialog
- Storage Analytics improvement - storage utilized by deleted/moved out cameras is displayed separately
- Storage usage optimizations and improvements
- Improved time synchronization mechanism between Servers
- Improved error messages for some cases of push updates failure
- "Free Storage Space" is increased from 5Gb to 50Gb for NAS
- Server SSL can now be disabled
- API documentation is improved and extended
- General Server stability improvements based on anonymous usage and crash statistics
- Server on Nx1 sometimes crashed on generic event. Fixed.
- Transcoded http-stream did not include an audio track. Fixed.
- Digital I/O could not be programmed for Honeywell cameras. Fixed.
- Digital I/O could not be programmed for Sony cameras with latest firmware. Fixed.
- AV20175DN firmware update re-ordered sensors. Fixed.
- DWC-MF10M36TIR camera streams MJPEG instead of h264 by default. Fixed.
- Arecont Vision AV3556 camera streams MJPEG instead of h264 by default. Fixed.
- MJPEG-stream instead of h264 is being requested from D-link 7110. Fixed.
- Focus buttons VK2-Encoder were not functional. Fixed.
- Triggered Event Rule with target I/O Module could disable all active output ports on device. Fixed.
- Changes were not applied in the Client until a Server's port was changed via Web Admin Interface. Fixed.
- Fisheye tours were not functioning properly. Fixed.
- Middle-click on the item with any default rotation always resulted in rotation to 0 degrees. Fixed.
- Video archive states (aka time chunks) on the timeline were not loaded if system time was modified. Fixed.
- Video archive states (aka time chunks) always displayed with local Server Time for cameras added as HTTP-links. Fixed.
- Video archive states (aka time chunks) disappeared from timeline after Server is stopped. Fixed.
- Client was not updated properly during update from local file. Fixed.
- Merge Systems failed if System name contained ":" character. Fixed.
- Rebuilding archive index failed if storage login contained '\' character. Fixed.
- Proxying locally via remote server sometimes failed. Fixed.
- Flag "Send usage statistics" check box was automatically checked after upgrade. Fixed.
- Watching live video via Android Client was not logged in Audit Trail. Fixed.
- Export with Paxton Plugin has led to the crash. Fixed.
- Non-English input did not work in Ubuntu Client. Fixed.